There are 233 users in the forums

Derwin "Pooh Bear" James S Florida State University

6'2" 210 Pounds

Absolute punisher of a Safety. Maybe the best prospect at the position in the last decade. Fits the mold of what this defense does. Violent in his tackling. Just like Reuben Foster in style of play.

Must have in this defense.
Would love this kid on the 49ers! As an FSU fan James would fit Lynch & Saleh's defense perfectly
This is my dude. Jabrill Peppers with size
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
A safety going #1 overall.... Um no.
I can only imagine James paired with Ward in the back end. That would be some sideline to sideline backend guys. Nice big corners in Robinson/Witherspoon paired with elite prospects in the front seven and you are looking at the best defense in the bidness fellas.

Will be interesting to track James this year. Hopefully he stays healthy. He was an absolute missile as a Freshman.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Highly doubt a safety goes #1 overall, that's not good value of the pick at all.
I'm convinced unless there is a phenomenal receiver or the perfect successor to Staley next year, were getting a QB first. Safety shouldn't be a high priority.
A Safety is not going to be the #1 pick. Nope.
Just saying it says #1 prospect not the #1 pick. But with Darnold and Rosen potentially coming out I would say that's probably not correct.
Also says potential. Think you are reading too much into it.

He is a talented player though. If you watch the Showtime special on FSU, this guy is an absolute leader and pristine teammate. That stuff matters. Look at Reuben Foster. His interviews are already intertaining. He would do anything for his football brothers. I think James is the same way

Many had Adams as #1-2 prospect and he went 6
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
A safety going #1 overall.... Um no.

Especially with the QB talent expected to come out.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
Many had Adams as #1-2 prospect and he went 6

Jalen Ramsey was largely consider the top player in the draft also. But understanding being the #1 rated prospect doesn't mean the #1 pick.
Been on his hype train for a while. If we nab kirk, this is who I want.
As a Florida State fan, I can say that he can change they dynamic of a whole defense. More explosive than Jamal Adams.
Share 49ersWebzone