LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 290 users in the forums

Brandon Aiyuk | ASU WR | 6-0, 203, 4.45

• okdkid
  • Veteran
ASU WR Brandon Aiyuk is beginning to get 1st round attention.

The Athletic's Dane Brugler said he may grade out better as a prospect than N'Keal Harry.

He could be a great option for the Niners in the late 1st.

Currently #36 on Brugler's Big Board
https://theathletic.com/1347517/2019/11/05/updated-nfl-draft-board-offensive-tackles-make-greatest-jump-top-100/

36. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State (6-0, 203, 4.45)
One of the biggest senior risers this season, Aiyuk is the top senior receiver prospect on my board and is a darkhorse contender for the first round. After two seasons at the JUCO level and spending last year in N'Keal Harry's shadown, Aiyuk is ascending at the right time, especially with his ability after the catch.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
He's a good player and he checks a lot of boxes for what KS wants in a WR.

Likens is the OC who also coached a former 49er, Quinton Patton. Likens compared Aiyuk to Patton.

Although Patton didn't work out for the 49ers, a lot of that had to do with his foot injury/injuries that never seemed to fully recover.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Nice punt return for a TD right now against Oregon State
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
He's a good player and he checks a lot of boxes for what KS wants in a WR.

Likens is the OC who also coached a former 49er, Quinton Patton. Likens compared Aiyuk to Patton.

Although Patton didn't work out for the 49ers, a lot of that had to do with his foot injury/injuries that never seemed to fully recover.

That's a good comparison for him. I thought we were going to be screwed after N'Keal, but Aiyuk has been awesome.

He plays a lot like Deebo after the catch IMO. I don't think he is nearly as quick, but the same kind of attitude with the ball in his hands. He's been a big help for Daniels.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
But can he anchor?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Just off of his game tape I think he could run a 4.40. I would be surprised if he's not in the 4.4s. He's not an elite speed guy, but outruns plenty of people.

I think he's a slightly larger Emmanuel Sanders.
He has good size!

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Big Play by him on 3rd and 16. 81 yard TD!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Oh my. Game speed.

Would love to have him as our clear #1 WR. Our Julio for Kyle
Share 49ersWebzone