There are 267 users in the forums

KJ Hamler WR Penn St

KJ Hamler
Penn St
5'9" 179 lbs
40 yard dash - has not run, estimates 4.28-4.35

I feel the need for speed, this guy is fast fast fast. May be a good deep threat somewhere toward the end of the 1st round.Redshirt sophomore.

Draft Network review

"While Hamler possesses elite physical gifts, he's also pleasantly refined. His routes possess dynamic breaks and convincing double moves. He's a willing blocker, though his technique needs a ton of work. He also shows a ton of vision as a runner. He's a threat out of the backfield and on end-arounds, and he's also a threat to score as a returner. This type of versatility is requisite for someone of Hamler's stature, especially as an NFL Draft prospect."

"Penn State's KJ Hamler ran 100 yards in roughly 11 seconds while returning the 2nd-half kickoff—a play that was called back for holding #MICHvsPSU"

link

Pro comparison = Desean Jackson
Like I said in the other thread, Hamler is pretty much what the 49ers were hoping to get from Pettis but faster.

He plays with a far more aggressive mindset in attacking the football and has the ability to score anytime that he touches it, whether as a receiver, runner or returner.

Watching Penn State vs Michigan from earlier this season will give people a really good idea of what he's capable of.

And I agree with the Desean Jackson comparison although if anything, Hamler might be a little more aggressive and a better route runner than Jackson in college.

Kyle watching this like:

smaller terry mclaurin

Might be someone to check out with on of our 5ths.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
smaller terry mclaurin

He's not lasting longer than the early 3rd. Some sites won't have him listed as he is an underclassman but he is easily one of the top receiving prospects in the upcoming draft.

Upper echelon speed, outstanding agility and route running, hands, competitiveness and clutch play are all there.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
smaller terry mclaurin

He's not lasting longer than the early 3rd. Some sites won't have him listed as he is an underclassman but he is easily one of the top receiving prospects in the upcoming draft.

Upper echelon speed, outstanding agility and route running, hands, competitiveness and clutch play are all there.

Easily? Dude go look at this WR draft class. I'm looking at TDN big boards and most have him towards the bottom of their top 10 lists (some don't have him on it).

5th is a stretch, I will agree with that. I don't see a day 2 grade on him right now. FWIW I do like him but I like a lot of other WRs more.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2019 at 9:10 AM ]
Easily? Dude go look at this WR draft class. I'm looking at TDN big boards and most have him towards the bottom of their top 10 lists (some don't have him on it).

5th is a stretch, I will agree with that. I don't see a day 2 grade on him right now. FWIW I do like him but I like a lot of other WRs more.

Like I said, a lot of sites aren't including him for one reason or another but wait until the offseason and I think he will be an easy 2nd to 3rd rounder. If he was playing for Oklahoma instead of Penn State then I think we're talking about him as a likely late 1st rounder right now. He's that good. About the only thing he can't do is throw the football to himself.
I want him just to see the "another midget receiver?!?!?" crowd have a complete breakdown.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I want him just to see the "another midget receiver?!?!?" crowd have a complete breakdown.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Team drafted Hurd. The midget wr core concerns have been addressed. With Goodwin on the verge of being gone a downfield stretcher is what we need.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 25, 2019 at 11:36 AM ]

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Like I said, a lot of sites aren't including him for one reason or another but wait until the offseason and I think he will be an easy 2nd to 3rd rounder. If he was playing for Oklahoma instead of Penn State then I think we're talking about him as a likely late 1st rounder right now. He's that good. About the only thing he can't do is throw the football to himself.

TDN has him on their lists/big board, just not anywhere near the top. I mean top 10 at any position in the draft is good (which he's in most of them, not all).

I don't hate the kid, there are other WRs I prefer to him at this pt (could change).
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 25, 2019 at 10:41 AM ]
Hoping he is available in the 2nd so we can move back and still get another pick. Of course no rankings matter at this point.
smaller terry mclaurin

Edit: He's more John Brown then Scary Terry IMO.
We have small and fast already. I'd opt for a bigger more complete guy..
Running wide open through the Memphis defense
Share 49ersWebzone