LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Darius Anderson RB TCU

Gonna keep posting day 3 prospects because at this pt that's the prospects we will drafting.

He's 5' 11" 200LBs and should run in the 4.4s. He's the ideal zone blocking RB.

He hits the hole fast and is gone! He's got quick feet and can break tackles. Anderson split carries throughout most of his time in TCU and no until this yr showed he can catch the ball.

Anderson isn't gonna be a fit for every offense and I think he needs work on pass-blocking BUT in the 5th rd id be all for it!

I've seen him comped to kerryon johnson. I see some tevin Coleman in him.

Hits the hole and goes!

Can break tackles

Hasn't caught a ton of balls but I think he's got some ability

Hey NY, wonder what your thoughts are on two possible day 3 RBs I really like:
KeShawn Vaughn. Vandy, 5'10", 205,
Lamical Perine, Florida, 5'11', 210. (personal favorite) runs angry, improved as pass catcher in 2019. Good in pass pro. Check out the 2019 Orange Bowl against Virginia, that's actually what caught my eye.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Lamical Perine, Florida, 5'11', 210. (personal favorite) runs angry, improved as pass catcher in 2019. Good in pass pro. Check out the 2019 Orange Bowl against Virginia, that's actually what caught my eye.

I haven't watched Perine to really have an opinion on him yet.

Vaughn is a one cut and go RB. He's ideal for this scheme as a runner. He's got great balance and good speed (especially at the 2nd level)! His pass-pro isn't great, but again that's something that can be taught. He can catch the ball on screens/dump-offs, I haven't really seen him run routes or lineup as a WR. Not sure he's a 3rd down back.
Kid is very intriguing to me, definitely could see him being 1 of our picks in the 5th if Coleman or Breida are cut.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Kid is very intriguing to me, definitely could see him being 1 of our picks in the 5th if Coleman or Breida are cut.

Yeah he's a ideal scheme fit as a runner. Not a ton of touches either
Pretty decent prospect. I just question if we will show any interest in a RB when we have such major needs elsewhere. I also think Jeff Wilson is way better than some think. Kid has starting potential and is a very underrated receiver out of the backfield.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pretty decent prospect. I just question if we will show any interest in a RB when we have such major needs elsewhere. I also think Jeff Wilson is way better than some think. Kid has starting potential and is a very underrated receiver out of the backfield.

This is under the assumption that they move off of Coleman. He's making like $4.9M next yr and imo isn't worth that (team option as well).

Brieda is a RFA and might be tendered. Dude feel off a cliff this yr as well. Seems like he can't stay healthy.

Jet isn't coming back on that contract and hasn't played football in 2 yrs.

They will add to the RB room, the shannahan's do it every yr

Originally posted by NYniner85:

This is under the assumption that they move off of Coleman. He's making like $4.9M next yr and imo isn't worth that (team option as well).

Brieda is a RFA and might be tendered. Dude feel off a cliff this yr as well. Seems like he can't stay healthy.

Jet isn't coming back on that contract and hasn't played football in 2 yrs.

They will add to the RB room, the shannahan's do it every yr

Should've added "in the draft" -- feel like we will target UDFA again for runners.
Should've added "in the draft" -- feel like we will target UDFA again for runners.

With all the rankings I'm seeing he's looking like a 6th-UDFA guy. Great value IMO.
The kid has long speed. I like that a lot. Him bouncing off defenders reminds me a lot of frank the tank.

Vaughn

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/193046-keshawn-vaughn-rb-vanderbilt/
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Vaughn

https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/193046-keshawn-vaughn-rb-vanderbilt/

My bad. Didn't see the thread.
Share 49ersWebzone