LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

Drafting a TE?

Last year I got a lot of pushback on the idea, but it turned out it was indeed something we looked at. Add to that our losses of Toilololololol and Celek this offseason, plus the report that we were in on Hooper in FA, it's pretty clear that we would be looking at this spot in the draft.

Cole Kmet is an obvious choice but may be too rich for our blood?
Possibly the same for Trautman?
Converting Chase Claypool? Also too high in the draft? Much different than Hurd?

Some of my favorite sleeper options are Harrison Bryant and Josiah Deguara.
Harrison Bryant is a small school guy but is a very good blocker and shows reliable hands.
Deguara (I saw there was a thread about him already) would be a great TE/HB hybrid. Amazing hands and devastating lead blocker.

These guys could help relieve Kittle and/or Juice. Not to mention the mismatches and trickery we could do in 2TE formation. Multple plays from one formation is what Kyle loves to do. You need guys that can block and catch for that to be a bigger advantage.

Thoughts? Who does everyone like at TE?
Thaddeus Moss
Originally posted by 49erminion:
Thaddeus Moss

He's ok, but think he may be a bit overrated right now. We'll see where he goes.
I like Mitchell Wilcox out of USF as a late round option.
I'm not convinced Kyle sees a TE any differently than a WR, honestly. A TE does not tip off run or pass so even having a second one is going to destroy defenses. It wouldn't even be fair in many cases.

One of the scouts noted it was a terrific and incredibly deep TE group.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 27, 2020 at 11:05 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OsBoogie:
Last year I got a lot of pushback on the idea, but it turned out it was indeed something we looked at. Add to that our losses of Toilololololol and Celek this offseason, plus the report that we were in on Hooper in FA, it's pretty clear that we would be looking at this spot in the draft.

Cole Kmet is an obvious choice but may be too rich for our blood?
Possibly the same for Trautman?
Converting Chase Claypool? Also too high in the draft? Much different than Hurd?

Some of my favorite sleeper options are Harrison Bryant and Josiah Deguara.
Harrison Bryant is a small school guy but is a very good blocker and shows reliable hands.
Deguara (I saw there was a thread about him already) would be a great TE/HB hybrid. Amazing hands and devastating lead blocker.

These guys could help relieve Kittle and/or Juice. Not to mention the mismatches and trickery we could do in 2TE formation. Multple plays from one formation is what Kyle loves to do. You need guys that can block and catch for that to be a bigger advantage.

Thoughts? Who does everyone like at TE?

I too wanted a TE in last year's draft. With us rumored to have went after Austin Hooper i think it happens this year.

My 3 TEs i like are Hunter Bryant put him and Kittle on field together and now we can create some problems. His blocking isn't exactly great though.

Bryce Hopkins seems to be an adequate blocker with pretty good athleticism ran 4.66 at combine. Ru s alot of the same stuff we ask Kittle to run.

Mitchell Wilcox seems to be the best blocker of the 3 but least athletic. 4.88 watching him play reminds me of Kittle.
Low pick?
Originally posted by English:
Low pick?

Definitely
Originally posted by Howlett49:
Low pick?

Definitely

Cool. Let's do it.
Low pick?

Definitely

Cool. Let's do it.

All we have is low picks! Lol

• krizay
  • Veteran
Low pick?

Definitely

Cool. Let's do it.

All we have is low picks! Lol

Josiah Deguara on day three without a doubt. Has all the blocking skills required for this offense as well as some receiving skills. Need to find a TE this year to replace Toilolo as the blocking TE. Perfect fit for this offense.
Low pick?

4th - 5th range I think we can get someone good
I find it crazy that No one has talked about how the 49ers were in on the TE Austin Hooper before he signed with Cleveland.

What was that all about? What were they trying to do? They obviously wan to pair another good pass catching TE with Kittle.
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
I find it crazy that No one has talked about how the 49ers were in on the TE Austin Hooper before he signed with Cleveland.

What was that all about? What were they trying to do? They obviously wan to pair another good pass catching TE with Kittle.

Maybe Paarage was trying to play money ball with Kittle...
Share 49ersWebzone